Webinar: Jumping into the Future: How Leapfrog Technologies will Change Agriculture
Jumping into the Future: How Leapfrog Technologies will Change Agriculture
Date: February 19, 2014
Time: 10am – 11:30 am EST
Change is moving faster than ever. Businesses are leaping into big data, the Cloud, sensors, nanotechnology, biotechnology, solar power, aeroponics, and even robotics, rushing to bring these technologies to emerging markets. Mobile technology has allowed developing economies to leapfrog over infrastructure such as landlines. Other technologies are emerging and Feed the Future Partnering for Innovation is launching an exploration of what the game-changing technologies in agriculture and how we can help them stick in developing countries.
- Thomas Campbell, Associate Director for Outreach, Research Associate Professor, Institute for Critical Technology and Applied Science (ICTAS), Virginia Tech
- John Magnay, Senior Agricultural Advisor, Africa for Opportunity International
- Samir Ibrahim, Managing Director, SunCulture (K) Ltd
- Bob Rabatsky, Director, Feed the Future Partnering for Innovation, moderator
- What are some of the examples of successful leapfrog technologies in any field and how can we transfer the best of these experiences to agriculture?
- What leapfrog technologies are being prototyped for agriculture and what could change as a result?
- Where are their older technologies and practices that, if transferred to developing countries, could have leapfrog potential?
Please let us know if you have any questions on the event or require any additional information. You can also find the link to the event below.