Open Positions at Purdue, Natural Resource Science Lab
1-2 open positions in the Natural Resource Social Science lab at Purdue. Dependent upon qualifications and/or interest of the candidates, I can hire either as a postdoc or as a research associate (a more permanent position that doesn’t require a Ph.D.)
A general job description is below. If you have any recent graduates or others who may be looking for a job, please ask them to contact Linda Prokopy (contact info below) as soon as possible with a current resume or CV if they are interested in applying.
The Research Associate/ Outreach Coordinator will oversee multiple research projects related to environmental quality issues in working agricultural lands. S/he will be responsible for collaborating with other researchers to conduct all aspects of survey and interview research, including data collection and writing for publication. S/he will also coordinate outreach efforts of the Natural Resource Social Science lab which will include running workshops and public meetings.
- Master’s degree in Social Psychology, Environmental Sociology, Natural Resources Social Science, or closely related field.
- Minimum of two years of related research experience.
- Understand social science theories.
- Knowledge of how to develop and pre-test a survey instrument.
- Knowledge of how to conduct and analyze interviews.
- Ability to perform statistical analysis and use SPSS and Stata.
- Good writing and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of agricultural conservation policy and water quality issues.
- Ability to plan and conduct public meetings and focus groups.
- Experience supervising support staff.
Linda Stalker Prokopy, Ph.D.
Department of Forestry and Natural Resources
195 Marsteller Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907