2014 Diversity Travel Scholarship
The Rural Sociological Society (RSS) and the Committee on Diversity are pleased to announce that travel scholarships are available to support the attendance and participation of minority students at the annual conference to be held in New Orleans, Louisiana. These scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis and are meant to assist students in defraying costs associated with attending the RSS meeting. We anticipate granting several scholarships at the minimum amount of $500 per recipient or at a maximum amount of $750; however, the amount of funds and the number of scholarships may fluctuate depending on the number of applications and the need described therein.
Eligibility and Application Requirements
To be eligible for the scholarship, an applicant must be:
- A student pursuing a degree relevant to rural studies in an academic institution.
- An active participant of the meeting by presenting a paper during a paper session or roundtable, or presenting a poster on research.
- A student member of the Rural Sociological Society at the time of receiving the scholarship.
To apply, an applicant must submit:
- A completed Travel Scholarship Application (please attach as word document)
- A letter of support or recommendation from a faculty member
Completed applications and letters of supports should be submitted via e-mail to Donielle Lovell at Donielle.email@example.com not later than March 30, 2014. The Diversity Committee will make selections and announce decisions by April 11th, 2014. No part of the application may be submitted by fax and only applications from individuals on their own behalf will be accepted.